BAC

Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Climb

Hey ya'll. So it has been a short while since I have posted. I am trying to get the gumption to sit and blog, but honestly, I have not been so inclined as of recently to even check my email, let alone blog.

BUT...I decided to remedy that now.

Let's see, what has happened since my last post. Pretty much the same. I am still home from the hospital and still have a wound vac on my hip. I am still limping and having to use crutches to walk. I am still pretty much home bound and don't really do much of anything but crochet more afghans. Nurses are still coming in the home to change my bandages...so NOT much has changed since the last time I posted.

I guess the main reason I am posting tonight is that there is something my nurse said to me the other day when I was visiting the Wound Care Clinic at Deaconess Hospital. She was changing my bandages and I was in a lot of pain. The lidocain was not really working all that great. I, of course, began to cry. Not that I wanted to or that I was upset, but because it was an uncontrollable reaction to the pain. I composed myself as best I could and tried to talk about something else, so that I wouldn't think about the task at hand. My nurse said something to me that made me think. (Shut up...I do THINK sometimes)

She told me that I was an inspiration and that I was amazing of how well I was handling this whole situation with the hip fracture and pinning and then subsequent infection and wound vac. She said a lesser person wouldn't be able to do it.

That made me think. Am I an inspiration to others? Am I handling this as well as I am presenting to others?

I get posts from my friends on facebook all the time telling me that I am strong and amazing for what I have endured over the last few months. I guess it is just something I don't really think about because it is not that I have a choice. I didn't get to choose this and therefore there is no reason to be negative or dwell on the bad parts. I try to just be positive and try and remember that this will make me a stronger person in the long run. At least I hope so.

But all of this does get me down sometimes. I do cry when I am alone in my room. I do get angry and feel like punching something or someone so that they hurt as bad as I do. But then I remind myself about a song I heard.

Now don't laugh...I hate Miley Cyrus so the fact that she sings this song actually bugs me to no end, BUT she didn't write it, so I love it.

It is "The Climb."

The lyrics are great. It basically is about having goals in life and how it doesn't matter IF you reach those goals but HOW you reach them.

Now, I know that this is not a goal...to be sick with RA and having to deal with the broken hip shit etc, BUT in another context the song speaks to me about having obstacles in your life and its not about overcoming them (because many times that is inevitable) but it is about HOW you decide to overcome those obstacles. It's a great message. SO, I have decided to post the lyrics and put a link to a youtube version of the song. The young girl who sings it is MUCH better than Miley Cyrus. I encourage you to listen to the song and read the lyrics. The message is clear.

Wishing you all good health and humor...and a wonderful journey in life!




The Climb lyrics
Songwriters: Alexander, J; Mabe, J;

I can almost see it
That dream I am dreaming
But there's a voice inside my head saying
"You'll never reach it"

Every step I'm taking
Every move I make feels
Lost with no direction
My faith is shaking

But I gotta keep trying
Gotta keep my head held high

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb

The struggles I'm facing
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes might knock me down
But no, I'm not breaking

I may not know it
But these are the moments that
I'm gonna remember most, yeah
Just gotta keep going

And I, I got to be strong
Just keep pushing on

'Cause there's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb, yeah!

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Somebody's gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb, yeah!

Keep on moving, keep climbing
Keep the faith, baby
It's all about, it's all about the climb
Keep the faith, keep your faith, whoa


© HOPELESS ROSE MUSIC; VISTAVILLE MUSIC;

No comments:

Post a Comment