BAC

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Its the end of the world as we know it...

Having a chronic disease that will forever affect your life and those who are in your life can be challenging to say the least. One of the hardest lessons I learned when I got sick was that people are sometimes not who you thought they were and many times when the going gets rough...many of those who you thought would be there for you run in the opposite direction. It sucks, but alas, it is just how the game is played.

That said, I had the most interesting day yesterday. I got not only one, but three emails from three separate people in my past whom I have been estranged over the last few years, contacting me to try and mend the bridges and try and resolve the issues of the past.

So I am thinking one of two things...A)the end of the world as we know it is upon us and people are tying up lose ends before judgement day (this is not that far fetched considering the news the other night of the flash flooding in Oklahoma and the bright RED waters that looked like blood - the book of Revelation discusses this as a sign of the apocalypse...just sayin')...or B)sometimes people just need time to realize that they were wrong and they eventually come around.

I would love to think that is the case with the latter, but I guess I am jaded and a bit too much of a cynic to think that people can change that much for the better. Am I wrong? Do you think that people can truly change?

I tend to lean towards the explanation of the end of the world, but then that would be truly sad because I haven't fulfilled many of my lifelong dreams of traveling abroad, having a family, etc.

Of course, that would be my luck.

Just some thoughts for the day....would love to know what others think about change because I hope that I am wrong about my predictions.

Wishing you good health and humor!

No comments:

Post a Comment